WANT TO TEACH?
Teachers, tutors and mentors create a dynamic component of Summerbridge which allows for students to have a vast amount of expertise throughout the 6-week program and beyond. Each summer, Summerbridge hires between 10-15 college students to teach either Math or Language Arts. Education Majors are encouraged to apply but we accept all types of students with the only requirement being a passion for children and learning.
General Teacher Responsibilities
- In charge of 5-9 students in each academic class.
- Teachers should use utilize the small classroom environment to mentor and prepare the students for rigorous high schools that will prepare them for college.
- Designing creative hands on lesson plans that will provide an environment for all learning styles.
- Maintain a close and adaptive mindset with all co-workers
- Teachers should be in tuned with the academic and personal needs of the students
- Maintain open communication with all superiors especially the director
- Adequately access all available resources.
Applications for the summer of 2019 will be available on October 1st. Click on link below for application: